You can buy a maximum of 6 tickets for this event
Event InformationSleater-Kinney's The Center Won’t Hold is the first new album from the celebrated band since their 2015 album, No Cities To Love, available August 16 on Mom + Pop. After years of legendary collaboration, rock’n’roll giants Carrie Brownstein (guitar/vocals) and Corin Tucker (guitar/vocals) sound bigger and bolder than ever. The new album was produced by Annie Clark (St. Vincent), and hailed by The FADER as “one of the most furious, dynamic records of their career.” The New York Times called them “one of rock’s most enduring and respected acts” and Rolling Stone gave the record 4 stars and raved, “one of America’s greatest bands does battle with modern apathy on thrilling LP.”
Sleater-Kinney set a new bar for punk’s political insight and emotional impact. Now, at the height of their formidable powers, the feminist icons continue to challenge themselves, break all the rules and push boundaries. This new creative chapter in the acclaimed band’s musical journey is poised to win over both longtime admirers and new fans alike.
Venue Address:Manchester Academy
Venue Information:Venue Policies:
Purchase of a ticket signifies agreement to the following:
- Right to refuse admission is reserved.
-Anyone under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult (aged 18 and over)
-Some shows require proof of age/some shows have age restrictions
- Only official merchandise is on sale inside the venue, do not buy outside. This is for your protection so that you will receive goods of proven quality.
- No professional 'type' cameras, video cameras or tape recorders will be allowed in the venue.
- In the event of a cancellation of the event, only the face value of the ticket will be refunded.
- The venue reserves the right to change the bill without prior notification.
- Ticket holders consent to filming and sound recording as members of the audience.
- No pass outs will be issued.
- Tickets are non-refundable or transferable.
- Title to the ticket remains with the promoter until payment has been received in full.
- The venue management accepts no responsibility for acts of willful endangerment, or injuries caused thereby to yourself or other patrons whilst on our premises. - Refunds are available for rescheduled dates up until 24 hours before the rescheduled show date.
Disability information:We are delighted to announce that the Academy 1 now has a purpose built first floor viewing gallery and bar which can be accessed by our disabled guests. If you are attending a future show at the Academy 1 please telephone 0161 275 2930 to pre-register to access this facility.
Manchester Academy offer a companion ticket scheme for deaf and disabled customers. For more information please click here.